The online travel portal allows customers to search for various destinations of their choice, location information, availability, price comparison and hotel reservations or if they are looking for a package they can search by booking various vacation packages. A traveler can enjoy a quick and efficient search with the help of online travel portals for your travel itinerary. Before the invention of the Internet, people used to visit travel agents and tour operators in their hotel bookings, car reservations or trips. However what I have seen is that online travel portals have so many options available to the end customer that they still fail to attract the maximum number of target audience. Below we will discuss what are the disadvantages of travel portals.
1) Limited options: Travel agents who are giving good rates may not have an online travel booking engine where the customer can book his ticket directly and get confirmation.
2) Real Time Confirmation: Many tour operator systems allow customers to book online but do not provide real time confirmation.
3) Hidden Fees and Security: Travel agents and tour operators often advertise low prices to attract customers but they charge some hidden fees. Booking Travel Online will have to pay a certain amount for advance payment as this will put the customer at risk through an unsafe website.
4) Advertising: Online booking rarely allows a customer to talk to anyone about the service. There may be cases where the customer will find testimonials on the websites of travel agents and suppliers but you can never be sure whether it is advertised or not.
5) Specific Requirements: Customers cannot confirm specific requirements when booking online through the hotel reservation system.